Codeglue is looking for a passionate and talented generalist game artist that loves to create amazing artwork and loves to work in a highly creative and agile studio
Working at Codeglue means working in a professional but informal studio with plenty of social activities. You will be working with a team of programmers and a small team of designers and artists on our multitude of projects, such as porting and production.
What exactly are we looking for (the must-have part)?
- Since we are a small team, versatility is a must. We like people who can combine 2D and 3D skills and can assist in every aspect of game art creation, from sketching to concept art and from modeling and UV mapping to texturing
- Making all of the art in a game come together can be tough. That’s why we are looking for an artist that can develop an artistic vision of a game and has a good understanding of basic graphical principles, such as light, shadow, color theory and form
- Strong communication skills and have the capability to address art design, art direction and artistic elements with your peers and maybe external artists
- The knowledge and technical ability to effectively use 2D/3D software packages and tools such as, for example: Maya, Photoshop, etc.
You can score bonus points if you have acquired the following skills:
- It would be great if you have a few years of game industry experience under your belt, but don’t be afraid if this is not the case
- Unity and/or Unreal experience
- We have more software on our shelves. If you know your way around, zBrush, Substance Painter & Designer, that would be great!
- Character and animation savvy
- Experience with VFX
So after all our demands, what do we offer in return?
- We’ll make sure that you work on challenging and fun projects with highly passionate coworkers
- You’ll find your desk in a creative but professional environment with lots of plants to charge your brain 🌱
- We’ll offer you a competitive salary and benefits
- You’ll have a high degree of freedom and responsibility
- We’re not all work, fun is important too. We do Internal game jams, we have board game nights (DnD, anyone?) and other company activities…
- Our studio is located in the heart of Rotterdam
Now, don’t go running for the hills if this doesn’t describe you in detail! To be honest, finding somebody that has all these qualities is rare. If even one of the above properties describes you or if you think you are just so good that we need to see your portfolio anyway, please contact us! We look at every application and portfolio seriously!
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Acquisition as a result of this advertisement is not appreciated.