Codeglue is looking for a passionate and talented generalist game artist that loves to create amazing artwork and loves to work in a highly creative and agile studio
Working at Codeglue means working in a professional but informal studio with plenty of social activities. You will be working with a team of programmers and a small team of designers and artists on our multitude of projects, such as porting and production.
What exactly are we looking for (the must-have part)?
- Since we are a small team, versatility is a must. We like people who can combine 2D and 3D skills and can assist in every aspect of game art creation, from sketching to concept art and from modeling and UV mapping to texturing
- Making all of the art in a game come together can be tough. That’s why we are looking for an artist that can develop an artistic vision of a game and has a good understanding of basic graphical principles, such as light, shadow, color theory and form
- Strong communication skills and have the capability to address art design, art direction and artistic elements with your peers and maybe external artists
- The knowledge and technical ability to effectively use 2D/3D software packages and tools such as, for example: Maya, Photoshop, etc.
You can score bonus points if you have acquired the following skills:
- It would be great if you have a few years of game industry experience under your belt, but don’t be afraid if this is not the case
- Unity and/or Unreal experience
- We have more software on our shelves. If you know your way around, zBrush, Substance Painter & Designer, that would be great!
- Character and animation savvy
- Experience with VFX
So after all our demands, what do we offer in return?
- Challenging and fun projects
- A place in a highly motivated, passionate and skilled team
- A positive, friendly and informal work environment
- Competitive benefits
- Free lunhc, drinks and cookies, internal game jams, (board) game nights and more
- Working partially from home and our office is a possibility
Different kinds of people give different perspectives and we love to see more of them! We believe that our team and the work that we do benefits from not just hiring the person with the most experience but someone that is also a great asset to Codeglue overall.
So we want to motivate everyone (yes you!) to send an application when the requirements apply to you. Sounds good? Fantastic! To apply, please send your motivational letter, resume and example code to: email@example.com.
Acquisition as a result of this advertisement is not appreciated.